As your National DPP transitions to the new DPRP Data Submission requirements, you may feel a bit overwhelmed. Where do I begin….Where can I go for help? The State of Wellness is here to reassure you that there are a multitude of resources to assist you on your journey!
Where Can I Start?
As a coach or program coordinator, we first strongly recommend that you have an easily accessible copy of the NEW 2021 Standards. Here you will truly find everything you need to walk you through program fundamentals, including:
- Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Capacity Assessment…Highly recommended to determine if your program has everything in place before beginning…and…before you apply for CDC Recognition.
- New Advanced Coach Training Requirement (2 hours/year), from CDC listed Training Entities-including the State of Wellness. Note: your organization will be expected to track/record these training hours–subject to audit by the CDC.
- Curriculum content requirements. And…we can all look forward to the launch of the NEW NDPP Curriculum, coming the summer of 2021!
- Make up session requirements…with the new feature: Allowing coaches to conduct make up sessions prior to a participant upcoming absence!
- Umbrella Arrangement walk through. Additional Umbrella guidance is available on the State of Wellness Resources Page, category: CDC Recognition/DPP Data Submission Support.
- Recognition Requirements. Here are just some of the newly added Recognition details: The CDC now will recognize the following as part of achieving Recognition: Physical Activity minutes, program retention, and reduction in risk in developing Type II (through collection of HbA1c lab results during program). Please refer to the Standards for the full details! Also wonderful…there is a pathway to earn 5 year Full Recognition, and additional pathways to stay in Pending and Preliminary Recognition indefinitely!
- Extensions and Exceptions! The DPRP realizes that sometimes, “life happens” and a program may experience a significant barrier or issue which results in a delay of data submission. There is a process to request support on a case by case basis (see last paragraph).
- Using the NEW Data Submission Portal…also known as SAMS. To access the SAMS User Guide, head to our State of Wellness Resources Page, category: CDC Recognition/DPP Data Submission Support. Want more information on SAMS? Click here.
You may still wonder….how do I access help from the NDPP Technical Support Team, who can answer specific questions on any NDPP related topic/issue? Contact the National DPP Customer Service Center by logging in and selecting “Contact Us/Contact Support”. Please be sure to include your organization name and organization
code in the subject line of your email. You will be asked to register with our Customer Service Center to submit and track your technical assistance requests and contribute to peer discussions. There will be upcoming webinars and FAQ sessions. Click here to access the NDPP CSC Calendar! Finally, keep your eye on the NDPP CSC home page for posted recordings of the NDPP webinars, addressing transitioning to the 2021 Standards and Data Submission. At this time, while we look forward to release of the recordings, the State of Wellness Resources Page has posted the slides of both webinars.